Thursday

Let us kill it, shall we?

"Saudade" is a Portuguese word. I am Brazilian and live in Brazil, hence I speak that language on the daily basis. So, I say I feel "saudade" for all those that are not around.

I miss = I feel "saudade"


Saudade is a noun. It is an abstract noun. We feel it when we can't be closer to the object, place, or person we miss. We kill it when are nearby that person, place, or object I latter mentioned!

When we don't feel it anymore, we say that we "killed" it! Yeah! Brazilians are able to kill what is in fact an abstract, intangible, unconnected to concrete reality, theoretical, not practical thing = SAUDADE.

I miss, therefore I feel it.

I feel it because my folks are not here when I need them the most. I feel it because my friends are not here to share my joy or help me out when I am down in the dumps.

I miss, therefore I know what "SAUDADE" is.

I miss the views of São Paulo, Londrina, and Florida. I miss my former apartment in Saint Petersburg and Mexican food. I miss most of the pals I made in this so incredible city in Pinellas County: Yayoi, Nadia, Melissa and Andrew, Priscila, Margarito, Fernando, Yuichiro, Regina, Naima, Dunja, Masako, Edi, Javier, Guillaume, Kalina, Luiza, and Zakaria & Mie.

Saudades are not easy to be controlled. They come and go by their own means. I feel "saudade" for places, food ( as I said), and some special moments. This feeling can get really disturbing because it plants in our hearts the seed which will sprout a plant that'll connect us with the elements we've been missing as long as that "saudade" lasts.

Gee! It's not easy to understand if you're not able to sense it.

Curiosity Fact: When am I going back to hometown? I can't wait to murder this thing...

No comments:

Click here and your PC will be destroyed